Photo credit: Will Moorad
Do you like the morning chalk up? Access additional exclusive interviews, analysis and stories with an Rx subscription.
Will and Cassandra Moorad have been part of the CrossFit Trivium community for four years. So when Will announced that his wife had been diagnosed with breast cancer, the gym immediately stepped up to help the couple as they embark on their fight against this devastating disease that affects 1 in 8 women.
- Nate Dodd, owner: “While our hearts are heavy with this news, we are resolute in our support, defiant in our position, and are ready to join the fight as we can with Cass and Will to kick the ass out of cancer.”
The details: CrossFit Trivium will host a workout and fundraiser for the Moorad’s to help cover their medical bills this Saturday, October 9 at their gym in Brentwood, TN. The event is open to the public.
- PRVN Fitness will write the workout, with a remote version for those who cannot participate in person.
- The heats will start at 9:00 a.m. at CrossFit Trivium.
- Donations will be accepted regardless of the amount, paid by Venmo @CrossFitTrivium or CashApp $ CrossfitTrivium with #CassCrew in the notes, or donation in person.
- ??Any donation made the same day, on site at CrossFit Trivium of $ 5.00 or more will receive a #CassCrew t-shirt, and CrossFit Trivium will donate an additional $ 10.00.
- A GoFundMe page has also been set up for the Moorad family for those who wish to participate in their medical expenses.
- For more information on Cassandra’s battle with breast cancer she has created a CaringBridge page where she will document their family’s journey and provide resources for detection and organizations that can help others fight this deadly disease.
- Contact CrossFit Trivium or owner Nate Dodd for more information on training and how you can further help the Moorads.